A Patchwork of Love & Hope
From incorporation in 2006, including projects already underway, ECUADOR QUILT, INC. has the made the following contributions in Ecuador to date:
- Funded construction of 6 Day Care Centers, disbursed throughout the village, including essential equipment for the kitchens, indoor bathrooms, classrooms and nap time.
- Co-funded construction of a new Medical Center to expand ability to provide medical care to the village.
- On an ongoing basis, funded medicinal and equipment needs as well as support for the staff.
- Funded construction of a Community Center.
- Contributed funds to build a shaded Community Park to provide a place for a needed respite from the brutal sun and high temperatures in San Pablo.
- Provided financial and construction assistance to build houses for 27 families.
- Responded to requests for nutritional support at the Day Care Center with quarterly subsidies when government support was discontinued.
- Built a Chapel for this community with strong ties to their Catholic faith.
- Co-funded expansion of the high school building including the construction of a Trade School.
- Donated funds and needed equipment for the Trade School.
- Built a Pavilion over the School Plaza which functions as a gymnasium for the school, for assemblies and as a community center for large scale gatherings as the only shaded structure large enough to hold a crowd.
- Purchased plastic chairs to allow for seating for gatherings.
Santo Domingo, Colorados:
- Provided support for maintenance and programs of Hermananas Hospitalarias, del Sagagrado.
- Contributed to funding of the construction of the Saint Theresa Chapel.
- Contribute to the support of nuns who work among the poor to allow them to continue their humanitarian efforts.
Copyright 2014 Ecuador Quilt, LLC. All rights reserved